Monday, May 13, 2013

Everywhere

          As well all network and meet new people and families throughout our lives, I am sure most of us would be able to name at least one person or family with a member who has an intellectual developmental disability. These disorders and disabilities can happen to anyone, and I believe that aspect is overlooked often. No one is immune, and once you really take a step back and look around, you realize how often the disorders and disabilities actually occur. As I was talking with my brother today, we came upon the subject of celebrities in relation to special needs. There are many celebrities who have siblings or children with special needs, which makes it clear that developmental disabilities occur more often than we are sometimes aware of. I have included some pictures I found of a few celebrities with with their sibling or child. What sweet relationships. If only everyone could experience the compassion!

Jamie Foxx with his sister,
who has Down syndrome.
Colin Farrell with his son, who
 has Angelman syndrome.




Sarah Palin with her son,
who has Down syndrome.
Eva Longoria with her sister,
who has Down syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment