Friday, April 19, 2013

Introducing my Mentor

          In the Independent Study and Mentorship program, students ask a professional currently working in the field they are studying to act as their mentor for the second semester. My mentor is Mandy Goodfellow, who is the speech-language pathologist at the elementary school my siblings and I attended. My mentor and I have a really neat connection. She went into the speech-language pathology field because her younger sister has Down syndrome, and she knew she wanted to work with children with intellectual disabilities. This is the same reason I plan on going into speech-language pathology.
          Because Mandy is my mentor, she allows me to shadow her giving therapy and helps me to create my original work and product. She is so wonderful, and I am so glad I get the opportunity to work with her! The sweet video below is of Mandy and her sister, and I recommend you watch it. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment